.

Monday, March 25, 2019

The Irrelevance of a College Education Essay -- Educating Education Es

The irrelevance of a College EducationFinding myself a college junior at while 56, I have often imagination about why atomic number 53 might want an education in the first place. When asked why its taken me so long to complete college, well almost complete, my reasons are some(prenominal) simple and complex. I never real ly liked high prepare that much and my family moved around a lot. As a result, I attended several high schools. In retrospect, I now take care that high school is difficult even if one never moves. scarcely I digress. Why possess a college education? Would I be sm arter? More importantly, would people around me think of me as smarter? In fact, did it re tout ensembley matter at all what people around me thought? Was it money then, or pride? Perhaps it was respect. Starting college at shadow in 1965, I decided to take all the required courses to get them out of the way. I dont recall having an advisor back then, nor do I remember asking for one who might hav e suggested there was no rush in taking the required co urses immediately, tho earlier to take some courses that I might enjoy. So I enrolled in night school and took degreees in Western Civilization and Economics. The Western Civ class (as it was called back then) was ok, but the only thing I learned from Econ omics was that the prof cleared his throat 26 times in the course of a minute. Feeling nothing was to be gained in a class where I was counting the clearing of a professors throat, I dropped out, never bothering to withdraw from the class, but that s another story. A couple of years later I decided to go back to school. I was a young honeymooner at the time, working to put my husband through college, but let off convinced I should take the courses I was mandated to have what difference if I en... ...hy? why? why? To me, when we can begin to answer that question, we will all be better off. And more importantly, we should then all be adequate to answer the question why g et a college education? whole kit and boodle CitedHart, Jeffrey, How to Get a College Education. Lunsford, Andrea and John Ruszkiewicz, The Presence of Others Voices and Images That Call for Response third ed. New York St. Martins 2000. 126-132. Random House Websters Unabridged Dictionary, Second Edition. 1999 ed. hooks, bell, Keeping final stage to Home Class and Education. Lunsford, Andrea and John Ruszkiewicz, The Presence of Others Voices and Images That Call for Response tertiary ed. New York St. Martins 2000. 93-104. Rose, Mike, Lives on the Boundary. Lunsford, Andrea and John Ruszkiewicz, The Presence of Others Voices and Images That Call for Response tertiary ed. New York St. Martins 2000. 105-119.

No comments:

Post a Comment